I decided to try out the speed painting technique (just base coat and then dip in wood varnish) on something a little more complicated, in this case a Chaos Marauder. Here’s the result:
I have to tell you, it surpassed all my expectations. The paint job was dicey at best, and the varnish covered a lot of sins, not to mention doing a nice “blacklining” job. I think I’ll speed paint my way through the whole unit, perhaps to use in the upcoming gaming club Warhammer campaign.
Small factoid: I used the Olympic Pecan varnish for the marauder.
Speaking of the gaming club, the first and largest item has sold, and my share is about $110, representing about $85 in profit from my initial investment. That’s a good start to a New Miniatures and Molds Fund. The second item is up. Here’s the link. It’s for 16 Lizardmen Temple Guard, the OOP metal ones.