John over at Plastic Legions has done a list of all the stuff he’s got to paint. He asked for other people’s horror stories and, well, here’s mine.
The Warhammer Fantasy Battle Armies
- Empire: ~2000 points, 100% primed, 40% painted.
- Hordes of Chaos: ~1800 points, 80% painted
- Orks and Goblins: ~2400 points, 50% primed, 20% painted
- Dwarfs: ~3000 points, 30% painted
- Two gnoll starter warbands, one human warband, one orc starter warband painted
- Two painted ogres, one painted gnoll booster trio (gnoll, tiefling, and howler)
- Unpainted: two starter human warbands, one elf, orc, and dwarf starter warbands. Several booster miniature box sets.
Miscellaneous Unpainted minis:
- ICE Space Ranger box set
- Several Inquisitor miniatures
- Wargames Factory zombies
- LotR Mordor Orcs plastics
- Wargames Foundry Darkest Africa and American West miniatures
Yikes yikes yikes. Now I have my reasons, like picking up all those Chainmail minis in a super-cheap eBay auction or getting all those WHFB Orcs at 70% off when the gaming store in Greenville, Ohio closed down.
But here’s the thing, I really, really need to be clearing some stuff out of my house. It’s just piled up and I’m not doing anything with it. Every once in a while I say to myself, “I should build a HotT Mordor Orc army like Tim did” or “I’ve got enough minis to do a two-person Inquisitor game” I never seem to get around to it.