Yesterday, I got the idea of busting out all my early Space Marines, many of whom are either badly painted or just airbrushed colors like yellow or red, and repainting them into one single, cohesive army. Since I’ve painted so many miniatures in either red or yellow (for reasons I haven’ t yet fathomed) I thought I’d go with something totally the opposite: green.
There’s just one problem–I’ve yet to find a green craft paint that is worth a damn. They tend to be really transparent and streaky, and when I need the colors to be pretty opaque (to cover a lot of ancient painting sins) my attempts today to do a “color test” miniature was an unmitigated disaster.
So now I’m on the horns of a dilemma: keep trying to paint these mooks green, get another paint, or just abandon the whole darn plan and do something different. Oh well, I’ve got about a two week stretch of pretty intensive work ahead of my professionally, so I’ve got time to think.